Information About Ukraine
Name Of The Country: UKRAINE
Capital City: Kyiv
Acreage: 603.628 km2
Location: It is located in Eastern Europe, in the coast of Black Sea and between Poland and Russia.
Population: It is 29. most crowded country in the world with its population of 46 millions.
Neigbouring Countries: Belarus 891 km, Hungary 103 km, Moldova 939 km, Poland 428 km, Romania 531 km, Russia 1,576 km, Slovakia 90 km
Climate: Ukraine is in a mild temperature zone. The inner parts of the country can be very cold during winter.
Currency: Grivni (1 Dollar=27 Grivni)
Before your Ukraine visit, it is better to know some important things that many people are unaware of. :)
Some Notes about Ukraine
- Ukraine means “Border Country” in Slavic language.
- It was seperated from Russia and gain independence in 1991.
- In Ukranian flag, blue represents the sky and yellow represents the rich soil.
- “Trembita”, an Ukranian folk music instrument, is the longest music instrument in the world.
- %95 of the country are lowlands.
- Ukraynian is regarded as the second melodic language in the world after Italian.
- Ukraine has the highest number of university graduates in the world.
- Did you know that the gas lamp was invented in the Ukranian city of Lviv?
- World’s biggest nuclear disaster occured in the Ukranian city of Chernobyl in 1986.
- Did you know that two of the three pyramids in Europe are located in Ukraine? If you visit the city of Poltova, you can see the pyramids which were built in 1864.
- Dinamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk are the most famous football clubs of the country.
- Ukranian girls who turn the streets into podiums are really very beautiful.
In which season to visit: It is good to visit every season.
Where to visit: Kyiv, Lviv and Odessa are the most important places to visit.
What to buy: Drinks and chocolates are first things come to mind. But you can also buy souvenirs which are being sold by local residents in the streets.
How many days to stay: 7 days (Kyiv 3 days, Lviv 2 days, Odessa 2 days)
Famous with: Borch soup, a kind of soup with meat and sauce.